Renault has been building automobiles since 1898. Today it is a multinational, multibrand group that sold more than 2.7 million vehicles in 125 countries in 2014. It has over 117,000 employees and 36 industrial sites, where it manufactures vehicles and powertrain parts. To meet the major technological challenges of the future while continuing to pursue its profitable growth strategy, the Renault group is:
- committed to sustainable mobility for all, with innovative solutions like electric vehicles;
- implementing an offensive strategy of international expansion;
- developing its partnerships: alliance with Nissan, cooperation with AVTOVAZ in Russia, partnership with Daimler, agreement with Dongfeng in China;
- benefiting from the complementary ranges of its three brands: Renault, Dacia, and Renault Samsung Motors.
Renault is present in 125 countries, with over 12,000 points of sale. During its 115-year history, Renault has forged its identity as a company serving people through ingenious innovation. RSM markets mid-range and luxury cars as well as sport utility vehicles (SUVs) in South Korea. Dacia is sold in 44 countries in Europe, North Africa and Turkey. It has attracted 3.0 million customers since 2004 by offering a range of robust vehicles at affordable prices.
Research and Development
Innovation is central to Renault’s strategy and the main dynamic force of the Drive the Change plan. In 2014, the latest achievements of its engineers were on display in leading models like New Twingo and New Espace, both of which feature many innovations. Renault and Nissan’s engineers will now be working more closely together, significantly heightening R&D performance and thus guaranteeing the company’s competitiveness.
Four develoment priorities
In the coming years, cars will need to make an even bigger contribution to “well-being in mobility” in the broadest sense. Four major trends are going to shape the cars of the future:
- Reduced environmental impact (REWARD is part of this pillar)
- Well-being on board
- Mobility for all